Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Morning Haiku

I see your starlight
And I am drawn in by it
What is this feeling

I have no words for
This inexplicable force
Magnetic. Warming. 

Who are you my dear?
Your tender starshine wraps me
I'm enthralled by it

No word exists yet
For this new experience
Charm? Understatement.

Flitterbug to flame
I'm englufed like gale force winds
Floating up warm air

Propelled by your flames
But not burned by your bright light
Lifted up by it

It feels like dancing
Oh how you entrance me so
But do you see that?

Or, can you feel that?
I don't know what the word is
But it's like heaven

You must be from there
Your eyes tell no lies to me
In this realm, yet free

Free as the night air
Wherefore have you come here so?
Your hug a soft breeze

No, I don't know this
Can't put my finger on it
Your airy light, bright

Lifts me up at night
When uncertain future rings
And I don't answer

Enough about that
Can't control future or past
When you are present,

it's truly a gift.
Here's to the future my friend.
My spirits, you lift.

No comments: